With the current economic challenges that every organization is facing, leaders need to define or re-define their strategy; one that digitally transform their organizations to move on the right direction.
The Certified Digital Transformation Strategist, or CDTS, course provides business and technology leaders and professionals with the how-to methods and skills to define a digital transformation strategy that works—one that is executable, and that includes de necessary business and technology components to realize the expected strategic capabilities and economic outcomes.
The CDTS course is for all business and technology leaders and professionals, from all areas of the enterprise, because it teaches the steps to define a wining strategy for digital transformation at any level. CDTS teaches that every project and each initiative, in any area of the enterprise, need a strategy for digital transformation.
The center of the CDTS course is the EVC Customer Value Causation method. Participants learn a top-down and strategic approach, to map a strategy with the needed business and technology layers and components, to organization capabilities that need to be strategic, and that require priority to sustain and increase the enterprise economic and strategic goals.
CDTS complements all other frameworks available in the market for innovation, transformation, agility, product life cycle management, ITSM, DevOps, cybersecurity, and continual business improvement.
Leaders who strategically implement new digital technologies will position their companies for growth, agility, and increased resilience. However, these new digital solutions can only unlock incremental end-to-end value if leaders and professionals know how to create and sustain strategic capabilities in their supply chain and shared services, throughout the use of agile assets.
CDTS is based on the EVC (Excellence in Value Creation) Framework version 4, from Glomark-Governan. EVC is the world’s most advanced and effective approach to identify, quantify, measure, and realize the economic and strategic benefits of any project or initiative, such as the case of investments in digital and advance technologies.
What will I achieve?
- Learn the EVC Customer Value Causation method.
- How to define a winning and executable strategy to increase the likelihood that digital solutions enable strategic and economic business outcomes.
- Know how to map value creation strategy that optimizes the customer value journey.
- Learn how to define a robust digital strategy in times of deep uncertainty.
- How digital transformation can retain and obtain customers, to increase the enterprise revenue.
- Learn how to measure outcomes from digital transformation initiatives.
- Understand how our organization can help beat our competitors to be market leaders.
The participants will receive:
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam (optional)
Who is this course for?
- All technology and business agile professionals and leaders.
- Business area leaders and teams that need to become more agile.
- Everyone being a stakeholder of any project.
- Anyone involved in innovation, disruption, and business transformation.
- Technology and digital solution providers.
- Business area and operational leaders.
- Enterprise architects and solution designers
- Product managers and leaders.
- R&D and engineering professionals.
What are the exam characteristics?
Time allocated: 120 minutes.
Number of questions: Approximately 50 multiple-choice.
Passing score: 65% correct answers.
Format: electronic; open book.
Attend the EVC Foundation course or reading the EVC BoK.
Attend the Certified Strategic Agility Professional (CSAP™) course.
What are the course contents?